- Find Mommy Jeans: A pair of jeans that hits mid waist and fit nicely around your derriere but doesn't tighten when it hits your thighs. The perfect pair of jeans for this will kind of slope inward from the roundest point of your backside but never really hit the base of it.
- Get chalky with it: Put on the jeans and figure out where you want your shorts to end. I'd recommend adding on at least a half inch for when we shred them. I left even more room for that, mostly because I was scared of having really short shorts, and rolled them up. Take a piece of chalk and draw the line around one of your thighs.
- Cut: Pull at the back and front seams to fold the jeans in half, lay them down on a flat surface and cut across your line. (Breathe.)
- Distress: Take your scissors and open them up. Holding onto just one of the blades, start running it back and forth across the cuts you just made. Do this until your jeans have reached the optimum amount of tattered.
- Look Awesome: You're done!
November 1, 2010
Let me start off by saying, I did this project on a whim. I was looking for something to wear and had the overwhelming urge to wear cut-offs but I didn't have any so I cut up a pair of my boyfriend's old jeans. It literally took me under twenty minutes.
October 27, 2010
It seems like everyone and there mother shares my obsession with her, but that certainly isn't stopping me from sharing the goods. Tina Kalivas makes me want to lock myself in a craft room and sew until I never need clothing again.
This is the bra that started it all for me. I literally searched for hours to find for the designer was because I was so transfixed. One day I will make one that's even a bit more tribal. Until then....
Who doesn't want to live here? (Note my favorite bra hanging to the right.)
October 4, 2010
This movie rocked my world and if anyone here enjoyed Breakfast at Tiffany's it is well worth your time. It comes complete with a leading lady who is wondrously flawed, a gay best friend and plot that will keep you roaring. Brittany Murphy plays a young woman who is happily in employed by vogue, living in London and tragically unaware of what's staring her straight in the face.
Anyone else feeling like winged eyeliner is now mandatory?
October 3, 2010
This is a site for any music enthusiast. Captured on video after video is a collection of modern day heroes playing in settings that strip the artists of all glamour and show their audience a little more about who they really are and what the music really is to them.
Give it a look! I promise you'll fall in love with one of them.
For my first project uploaded I wanted to start with one of my favorites. This technique is incredibly simple and can be used on just about anything. All you need is:
-the knowledge of how to tie a knot
All that you do is cut strips out of the shirt(however you want), pull bead up the strands, and knot the beads in place. Then, viola, instant backless wonder. I usually wear mine with some jeans and a belt. Enjoy!